Business Intelligence Salary Guide
Are you a hiring manager or changing jobs? Download the Robert Half Salary Guide and view salary benchmarking data for Business Intelligence and IT and Technology trends.
Anyone working within Business Intelligence is integral in developing the vision and overall rationale of a company. Business Intelligence will work with various teams within the company to establish priorities and manage expectations with regards to the collection, review and deployment of data. This data is crucial to determining response methods to company performance or external trends that may affect the company.
Business Intelligence duties and responsibilities of the job
A Business Intelligence job description is recommended to include the following duties and responsibilities:
- Working with the IT Team to launch new hardware and software
- Creating policies and procedures regarding collating and analysing data
- Critically evaluating and screening data, plus profiling to identify any issues
- Developing new data analysis processes
- Assessing analytics on an ongoing basis
- Overseeing the data warehouse, including the collection and utilisation of all data
- Extending knowledge of Business Intelligence to provide ongoing refinement of processes to improve operations
Business Intelligence job qualifications and requirements
A Business Intelligence job description should highlight a minimum Bachelor requirement in:
- Business Intelligence
Prior work experience in a Business Intelligence capacity would also be beneficial to highlight. The specific type of skills required for Business Intelligence will vary depending on the size of a company and its operations. However, any candidate applying should be able to demonstrate a high level of analytic and problem-solving skills to sift through complex data and critical information for the company.