Location : Albany
Post Date : 04 April 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Reference : 05124ID
Job Classification : IT & Technology
This is a New Zealand owned and operated engineering company with one of the largest companies in history as their key client. Originally formed in the 80's they have grown from strength to strength and with some recent changes over the years they have really diversified their product offering into some new areas.
With 70 odd staff and the need to grow - this medium sized engineering company punches well above its weight on the global stage.
R&D is a top priority for this NZ owned company and innovation is constantly at the forefront.
- Concept and detail design and development of motor control and related circuitry
- Design and implementation of hardware and software for test fixtures and other lab equipment
- General analogue and digital circuit design
- Electromechanical integration & packaging
- PCB layout using Altium or similar tools
- Embedded micro hardware design
- Embedded software code and algorithm creation for simple applications
- Circuit and system analysis using Altium, Matlab, or similar tools
- Experiment design and implementation
- Identification of relevant national and international standards
- Manufacturing process & equipment investigation
- Design and process documentation
- Prototype assembly and testing
- Such other activities as may reasonably be required of a member of the Wellington Drive Technologies Ltd staff.
- Knowledge based, primarily focussed on hardware development
- Loosely supervised, some self management required.
- Significant learning content
- Proactivity, constructive criticism and improvement suggestions related to any of the company's designs or systems is encouraged.
- Limited production-support content
- Significant hands-on content
- Works closely with mechanical engineering disciplines
- Focus on formal design environment according to principles of ISO9001 required.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Ian Duxbury in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Only candidates currently residing in New Zealand will be considered for this role.
151 Queen St