$55000 - 62000 / annum
26 May 2019
Finance and accounting
My client is a privately owned NZ group of companies based in the Britomart area of downtown Auckland. The company is well known for what it has achieved but at the same time likes to go quietly about their business. The team are a hardworking down to earth bunch.
The Accounts assistant role will report to a Finance Manager and be part of a finance team of approximately 12 people. The role will have responsibility primarily for accounts payable and receivable functions along with some other duties. The key responsibilities include:
- Manage the accounts email inbox and co-ordinate distribution for the approval process by budget holders.
- Data entry of Accounts payable invoices
- Check invoices are authorised and processed accordingly
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Respond to queries
- Prepare payment runs
- Daily processing receipts and bank reconciliations
- Receipt customer payments
- Raise invoices for sales and recharges
- Debt collection as required
- Assist with GST preparation and filing
- Maintaining staff leave spreadsheets
- Other ad hoc requirements
We are looking for someone who enjoys the Accounts payable and receivable function as well as helping out the team in other ad hoc requirements. The key to your success is someone that can take ownership of this area, have strong attention to detail, be extremely organised and really enjoy being part of a team. The volumes are mid range in this organisation however the complexity lies within the structure of the business and the many entities on hand. Therefore someone needs to be logical and be able to think about the effect on each entity that the processing will have.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Megan Alexander or Evie Gravatt in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No:
151 Queen Street
nz +64 9 915 6700