$65000 - 75000 / annum
15 August 2018
Finance and accounting
- This is a hands on role where you can truly partner across the business.
- Opportunity to get qualified as they are an ATE.
- Grow your career within
My client is large NZ business, with a brand most will be familiar with. They operate as part of a wider group and continue to expand their presence across the country. Looking after their staff and the culture of their team is a priority for this business, you will never be just a number but a real asset in the team.
The role of Assistant Accountant will report to the Finance Manager. This is a newly created role due to the growth of the business and be an integral member of a finance team of ten plus.
You will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Manage the complete month end cycle for a stand alone subsidiary of this business, including preparation of Profit & loss and balance sheet
- Assisting the finance manager with the preparation of monthly management accounts, including journals and reconciliations
- Daily cashflow management and forecasts
- Tax compliance
- Preparation of annual audit files and support half and full year reporting and audit requirements
- Maintain the fixed asset register and associated schedules
- Support the FM and Financial Controller with ad hoc project work
As this business continues to growth at a fast rate, this environment is both fast and dynamic, resulting in change being a constant.
To be considered for this role, you will have 1-3 years' experience working in finance and most recently at the Assistant Accountant level. You will be looking to get CA qualified or be part way through your CA qualification.
You will already have strong financial reporting capability including a sound knowledge of IFRS reporting standards.
You will be mentored by a strong Finance Manager who is really looking to develop this individual over the long term to help groom your career for the next steps in years to come.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone that is up and coming in their career and is ready to take the next step.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Linh Dang in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No: 06900-0010467779