$50000 - 60000 / annum
11 September 2018
Finance and accounting
My client is a large privately-owned company that has a fantastic team culture. The manager is friendly, relaxed and supportive whilst still being professional and really believes in working to your strengths. The company is well resourced and has a young and driven team.
The role of Assistant Accountant will report to the Financial Controller. The role is varied and will suit someone that is a graduate with a few years of work experience under their belt in the AP and AR space and looking for a role where they can take on more accounting duties in time.
The core responsibilities include:
- Accounts Payable - This is not the normal AP processing - given the nature of the business this AP focuses on a handful of core large invoices that need to be uploaded and analysed for them to be coded into the appropriate codes. It requires your knowledge of Excel and commercial understanding to ensure the accounting entries will flow through the General ledger
- Accounts Receivable - you will ned to understand different contracts and SLAs to raise accurate invoices.
- Help with the month end close
- Assist with the statutory accounts and monthly management accounts
- Help with the general finance team on other ad hoc duties.
To be considered for this role we are looking for a graduate who has a few years of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable experience under the belt but looking for the next step to take your career towards the Assistant Accountant role. My client is looking for an individual who will be looking to continue their studies and grow with this business. You will need to be a self-motivated person and have an inquisitive mindset.
You need to have strong communication skills as you will be dealing with the operational people in the business. You must also be a real team player, willing to help out and cover one another.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Linh Dang in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No: 06900-0010624379
151 Queen Street
Auckland 1010 +64 9 915 6700