Commercial Finance Manager
NZD70 - 80 / hour
11 March 2019
My client is the NZ operation of a large listed MNC. With significant operations in NZ with turnover in excess of $300M this is a large entity that has significant projects with high visibility to the infrastructure of NZ. The Auckland team are based in central Auckland however this role will require some travel to the project sites around the country.
The role of Finance Manager is unique. It reports to the Financial Controller and its purpose is to provide commercial support to project directors, project managers and the project Boards/sponsors on what are multimillion dollar projects with huge capital commitments. The role responsibilities include
- Supporting key stakeholders across projects and contractual agreements to ensure financial governance, controls & support
- Provide review & technical recommendations to the business on revenue recognition, and ensure compliance of financial treatment of Projects with GAAP
- Provide support, financial expertise, reporting and advice to the Head of Commercial and Major Projects and relevant sector leads on all new and existing major projects.
- Provide specialist advice and support on how best to operate major projects within the business framework and system; including project setup, revenue recognition, accounting treatment and reporting.
- Ensure that effective and efficient processes and business tools are applied consistently across all major projects. Work in close partnership with the national project Finance team to deliver seamless delivery of project and business processes.
- Escalation of Issues and Financial Risks as appropriate to Project/Sector Leads and Financial Controller
- Complete month processes for major projects as needed; including revenue recognition and future loss adjustments as required, and Contractor Risk Reporting Overview.
- Complete cashflow & performance analysis and review, and associated provision of financial recommendation for Joint Venture payments
- Participate in development and delivery of financial business improvement initiatives relating to Major Projects; including SQL Reports and Vision enhancements.
- Support the drive to achieve consistent company-wide adoption and application of processes and systems that deliver improved productivity, financial benefits and value.
- Support enhancement and vision testing as needed from time to time.
- Develop training material to support new initiatives as required.
- Lead, direct & coach a team of 2-3 direct staff
- Other ad hoc work as required
To be considered for this role, we are looking for a commercially astute business partner who has stakeholder management skills, strong modelling skills and has the technical knowledge to support major capital project accounting and revenue recognition. Ideally you will be CA or equivalent qualified with staff management experience. Your ability to influence key people, understand the risks and opportunities of the business and your ability to operate at a senior level with a professional and well articulated manner is essential. This is a clear 2IC role to the Financial Controller and we are looking for a driven individual who is seeking a career with this organisation.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Ronil Singh or Ellie Dean in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
151 Queen Street
Auckland 1010 +64 9 915 6700