Location : Auckland
Post Date : 15 January 2018
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Reference : 069000010215451
Job Classification : Finance & Accounting
My client operates in the Financial Services sector but has a broad spectrum of work that encompasses not just Financial Services but many industries given its nature of business. This is a company where people have a great work life balance combined with really interesting work in a complex and broad ranging environment.
The role of Financial Accountant will report to the Head of Finance and be working in a team of CA qualified Accountants who have chosen this entity given its complexity and therefore its really interesting accounting work. Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of monthly financial and management accounting reports, including commentaries,
- Quarterly and Annual Financial Statement preparation
- Processing capital calls and distributions
- Preparing the annual audit file and working with the Auditors as required.
- Researching technical accounting treatment of investments as required and working with the team to ensure correct application of IFRS and other regulations
- Contribute to the internal control environment for all aspects of the accounting function.
To be considered for this role we are looking for someone who is looking for their first step out of CA having just got qualified. You will be someone that is technically strong but looking for a broad based role where you can be part of a smart team of people who work together in a team based supportive environment. You must be able to foster strong relationships both internally and externally. As I have worked with this company for some time now, I can testify to its ability to provide an amazing career path for those leaving the CA and set your career up for your future. This is an excellent opportunity in the Auckland market for someone looking to get into the commercial field from practice.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact <Megan Alexander> in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No: 06900-0010215451
151 Queen St