$70000 - 90000 / annum
31 August 2018
Finance and accounting
My client is a real NZ success story. The company is a privately owned business which has grown from its inception since 2009 & is circa $200M turnover this year. The company has operations across Asia, Australia & obviously NZ. It is a very down to earth Kiwi culture and has a fabulous feel
The role of Financial/Group Accountant reports to the Group Financial Controller and has come about due to the growth of the business. The finance team needs to expand to cope with the business demands given its multinational operations. Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of the Group office monthly results including P&L, Balance sheet and analysis
- Preparation of the Group office annual budget
- Assist with the overall company budgeting / forecasting process
- Assist with the cashflow model and repatriation of funds from offshore
- Manage the intercompany recharges, invoicing and reconciliation
- Balance sheet reconciliations and resolve clearing items
- Fixed assets reconciliations
- Working with the respective Financial Controllers in various countries to allow Group consolidation and providing support as required
- Manage the outsourced payroll relationship and calculate sales commissions on a monthly basis.
- Complete periodic statutory returns
To be considered for this role, we are looking for an individual who has a proven stable work history at a similar level. You will have sound technical knowledge of Financial reporting and have a strong level of accuracy and eye for detail. Fit is very important for this organisation as it's a close knit small team in Head office, therefore we are looking for a level headed experienced person who has a mature outlook. You must be able to think analytically and problem solve. Any experience in a stock based business would be an advantage, however not essential. You must have strong excel skills including working knowledge of vlookup's and pivot tables. As you will be corresponding with the financial controllers offshore, you do need to have strong communication skills and be aware of dealing in a multi-country environment.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Megan Alexander in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No: 06900-00106058946