Fund Accounting - Team Leader
NZ$100,000.00 - NZ$120,000.00 / annum
3 September 2019
My client is a leading fund management organization based in the Auckland CBD. Financial services organisation based in the CBD required a fund accountant team leader for the next 6 months to manage their fund accounting team.
As the Fund Accountant - Team Leader you will be reporting directly into the Chief Operating Officer. You will be leading 2 fund accountants on a day to day basis and managing their workload. You will be responsible for the timely preparation and approval of financial statements and monitoring the health of the various schemes and funds they manage.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Daily Cash Management, fund accounting reconciliations and transactions journals.
- Monthly calculations of tax benefits on member fee deductions, quarterly PIE status reviews and monthly PIE tax returns
- Periodic and annual tax reporting to IRD including PIE tax and other income taxes
- Liaising with investment brokers, external fund administrators and custodians
- Monitoring and reporting on the health of the various funds
- Identify, design and implement improvements in accounting processes to continually improve the efficiency of accounting processes and the quality of reported results.
To be suitable in this role you must have fund accounting experience and display the following attributes:
- CA Qualified or Equivalent
- Strong financial accounting skills including IFRS
- Experience managing a small team
- Experience working with investments funds, superannuation or KiwiSaver is desirable
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Samir Sheth or Ellie Dean in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No: 06900-0011148291
151 Queen Street
nz +64 9 915 6700