$120000 - 130000 / annum
August 8, 2018
Finance and accounting
- Business partnering role
- Central City, Auckland
My client is a large well known organisation that is undergoing a major capital expansion project. This is a newly created role due to this major project given its scope and will initially be for a 2 year fixed term contract
The role of Project Accountant will report to the Head of Finance and be responsible for budgeting, forecasting and providing a framework for reporting on capital project spend. You will be supporting the Project Managers, and the construction teams to keep them financially accountable whilst providing the reporting framework. You will be required to present to senior Execs on the project timelines and spend. The expected outcomes will include:
- Maintaining project budgets and variations to contracts
- Assist PM's with forecasting
- Manage contractor payments against contracts, tracking contingency across programmes
- Develop dashboard reporting at a project level and overall programme level
- Assist in capex expenditure forecast & budgeting
- Partner Advisory group & committee meetings on project status & financial impacts
- Develop any business cases as required
- Commercial modelling
- Ensure project risks are identified, reported and mitigated.
To be considered for this role, we are looking for a CA qualified Accountant who has experience in project accounting specifically around capital projects. You will have an understanding of project methodology, strong budgeting, forecasting & modelling capability and an ability to partner non-financial people at a senior level. Your written and verbal communication is paramount in this role.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Megan Alexander in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.