NZD100000 - 110000 / annum
19 March 2019
Finance and accounting
My client is a wholly owned subsidiary of an ASX listed company with two distinct arms to their service offering within the technology space. The role sits within the larger more established arm of the business and as the Senior Accountant you will report to the NZ CFO who resides over both business units.
The role of Senior Accountant is a 2IC to the CFO who is dynamic and bubbly. The role is broad based where you will have responsibility for:
- Preparation of month end reporting and analysis including deep dive analysis of significant variances and trend analysis.
- Customer profitability analysis
- Prepare a comprehensive regional reporting pack and deliver monthly P&Ls' the line managers with commentaries to partner them in decision making
- Assist in the budgeting and forecasting process which is completed on a rolling basis as well as a half yearly re-forecast
- Preparation of Financial Year end statutory reporting requirements and liaise with the auditors through the half and full year audit process
- Manage a team of one assistant accountant
- Review of balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting the CFO with technical accounting matters primarily around financial reporting requirements in relation to IFRS 15 and 16.
- Be involved in the systems implementation project that will kick off later this year
To be considered for this role, we are looking for a technically strong Senior Financial Accountant or a Finance Manager who is looking to join a fast paced dynamic team where people do roll up the sleeves and pitch in.
You definitely need to be proactive, diligent and detail orientated but also someone that can move quickly, be a team player and has a broad skill base. This is a great opportunity to get your first staff management gig, if you are looking to break into a management role. You must be CA or equivalent, have strong excel capability and be looking to add value in your role.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Megan Alexander in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No: 06900-0010896033
151 Queen Street
nz +64 9 915 6700