Senior Financial Accountant
NZ$90,000.00 - NZ$100,000.00 / annum
5 August 2019
Finance and accounting
My client is a multinational company and has a great NZ subsidiary where the business runs like a well oiled machine with a tight knit team and a very profitable business model. The business imports its stock and sells through various channels with 4 core operating business units. The company has circa 60 staff in NZ and has a revenue of circa $30 Million.
The role of Senior Financial Accountant will report directly to the Head of NZ Finance and be part of a close knit finance team whom have loads of knowledge of both their roles and the company. You will really get to take ownership in this role of the core finance function but you can also in time add more cross functional responsibilities to your role if you desire in time. You key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of the monthly financial statements including full commentary on performance of results and an end of month review with the head of finance
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly board pack in conjunction with the NZ Head of Finance, to be submitted to Australia
- Take the lead in the annual audit process and production of the annual statutory accounts
- Ensure the group is tax compliant and tax efficient in conjunction with PWC
- Take the lead role on preparation and finalisation of rolling forecasts and annual budget
- Daily sales reporting and liaising with BU managers across the business
- Take ownership of the Group fixed asset register
- Respond to ad hoc queries from both the NZ business and Australia
- Identify opportunities for improvement with systems, processes and operations ensuring strong internal controls and group policies are followed
- Manage the Datacom relationship (who manage the payroll function)
- Work with the supply chain manager to ensure stock is accurately reported and obsolete stock is accounted for correctly
- Involvement in ad hoc projects across the business
This role is a combination of both financial and management accounting and is broad in nature where you can really get involved in the business.
To be considered for this role, we are looking for an individual who has demonstrated a stable and loyal background in their prior experiences. The Head of Finance is really looking for someone who take full ownership of the function and act as a 2IC. For these reasons, we are looking for an individual who has a strong work ethic, a can do attitude, an ability to get involved with the team and someone that is flexible in their approach.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Megan Alexander, Ellie Dean or Katie Godinet our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No: 06900-0011106328
151 Queen Street
nz +64 9 915 6700