Group Financial Accountant
$100000 - 110000 / annum
23 November 2018
Finance and accounting
My client is a NZ business privately owned with significant operations down country. The business has a small Executive and corporate team based in downtown Auckland. This role resides in Auckland and can accommodate someone looking for 25-30 hours per week.
The role of Group/Financial Accountant will report directly to the CFO. There is an operational team at the operations site which you would interact with regularly. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of monthly consolidated management accounts, including analysis of trends and budget variances for the Group, including ensuring quarterly covenant compliance reporting is met.
- Preparation of annual financial statements and meeting the associated audit requirements
- Provision of all calculations for tax compliance, including deferred tax calculations, liaising with external tax advisors and ensure regular tax requirements are met
- Preparation of quarterly and audited annual Crown royalty returns are submitted
- Develop and maintain budget and forecasting models from a Group level perspective.
- Manage cashflow forecasting
- Ensure efficient management of the integrity of the General Ledger and reporting requirements.
To be considered for this role, we are looking for someone who wishes to work 25-30 hours per week (the days/times can be flexible) but need someone that understands when deadlines need to be met and who can commit to ensuring those deadlines are delivered upon.
You will be CA or equivalent qualified. You could be working in a CA environment and looking for the first commercial role. Or alternatively worked in the commercial space with the technical financial accounting background.
This is a role where you need to work relatively autonomously, can own your role but from time to time understand the work can be lumpy and be able to accommodate that. You will be enjoy someone that can work in a non-hierarchial flat structured business.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Megan Alexander in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No:
151 Queen Street
Auckland 1010 +64 9 915 6700