Senior Financial Accountant
$95000 - 110000 / annum
10 December 2018
Finance and accounting
The company is a subsidiary of a major Japanese trading house with a proud 100-year trading history, and a broader shared history of over 400-years. The group has 73,000 employees operating in 66 countries, and over NZD$100 billion in assets generating gross revenues of more than NZD$55 billion.
The New Zealand subsidiary is in a strong growth phase and are in the throes of expanding the geographic footprint throughout the North Island. They have asset ownership, management operations, and export operations, with their reach in Northland, Eastland, and the Whanganui region, and a head office based in Auckland.
This business is strongly committed to providing a safe working environment and places high importance on managing their assets in a socially and environmentally responsible manner.
While the strategic aims of the New Zealand company include growth and industry leadership, one of the company's six core values includes 'to have fun', as the leadership team recognises that their business only prospers when their people prosper. With modern open plan work spaces they enjoy a collaborative work environment, and a flexible working hours culture which means that they are able to enjoy a good work/life balance.
The role will report directly to the Finance Manager and be part of a finance team of six. This role is broad encompassing financial accounting, management accounting, analysis, internal control and tax accounting. You will have responsibilities for:
- Preparation of month end reporting, including general ledger, journals and reconciliations
- Preparation of multi-system reconciliations between suppliers, the business hubs and this finance area. These are relatively complex and requires practical problem solving capability
- Assist with the analysis of variances, trends, interpretation of data and providing commentary on performance and results
- Foreign exchange contract management
- Assistance with cashflow, loan interest calculations and reporting to the parent on debt/funding ratios
- Preparation of monthly GST returns
- Assist with stock reconciliations
- Ensure the correct treatment of transactions across rates/prices and volumes
- Preparing wash up invoices and buyer created invoices for suppliers
- Assist with risk and compliance management particularly in relation to stock takes, fixed assets and in relation to debtors
- Provide key information for the annual external audit and liaise with auditors as and when required
- Assist with the completion of annual JSOX reports and internal audit processes
- Insurance claim calculations and assist with renewals and claims
- Other ad hoc reporting and administration as required.
To be considered for this role, we are looking for an individual who is CA or equivalent qualified. You will ideally have done your training in a CA environment, preferably big 4 or 2nd tier firms and then completed 1-2 years of commercial accounting experience. It is a preference you have had practical work experience with stock and within the export industry. You will need to have strong relationship building skills as this role requires the individual to liaise both across the business and to external parties on a regular basis. Your excel skills, attention to detail, and your ability to solve complex reconciliations are critical. You will be looking to be hands on and want to be part of a close knit finance team in an office of approximately 20 people as operations are around the country.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Megan Alexander in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No: 6900-0010751813
151 Queen Street
Auckland 1010 +64 9 915 6700