NZ$65,000.00 - NZ$75,000.00 / annum
5 September 2019
Finance and accounting
Our client is a New Zealand listed company in a stage of growth. This role is with one of the 4 businesses under the parent company and is in the financial services industry. This business has over 65 years industry experience and three branches throughout New Zealand. The small, energetic finance team are looking for a high performing, outgoing individual with a keen drive to succeed to join them.
This is a fantastic opportunity to start your career progression towards financial analysis or management accounting.
An assistant accountant with an enquiring mind and flair for analysis.
You will be working closely with the Financial Controller of that business to deliver on financial projects and reports. This role is a mix of accounting and analytics reporting.
The key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of budgets & rolling monthly forecast
- Preparing & collating Board report packs in conjunction with the Financial Controller, focusing on KPIs, business drivers, and compiling graphs, charts & tables for flash presentations.
- Updating and maintaining the daily/weekly and monthly reports
- Driving process and continuous improvement projects
- Working with the Accountant on the preparation of the monthly close including preparing month end journals and balance sheet reconciliations
- Cash flow management
To be suitable for this role you should be a confident communicator and display the following attributes:
- Be able to Analyse and drill into the data to take it to the next level
- Ability to confidently present financial information to the BDMs and add value
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent Excel skills
- Understanding of finance from a practical and reporting level
- A proactive mindset and a drive for growth and development
- Have a background in an analyst role and or in banking or financial services
- Could suit someone working towards their CA or CPA
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Katie Godinet, Megan Alexander or Ellie Dean in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No: 06900-0011120804
151 Queen Street
nz +64 9 915 6700