$70 - 90 / annum
27 November 2017
Finance and accounting
My client is a privately owned fast growing but established business that continues to go from strength to strength. With the owner at the helm, this business employs people who are passionate and love to take ownership of their role. The business is very down to earth and real, where those enjoy a culture of striving for excellence whilst remaining non-corporate.
This role reports to the CFO and has a focus on processes, systems and people. They key components include:
- Manage the month end accounting process to ensure all ledgers are accurate
- Responsible for the monthly close process, particularly providing an oversight of the AP and AR processes and impact on the GL
- Manage banking transactions and assisting with cashflow forecasting, including authorization of payment runs
- Payroll - full responsibility for approximately 55 staff, both wages and salary
- GST, FBT and PAYE
- Assist with the monthly calculation of Project WIP
- Maintain the fixed Asset register
- Provide support to the business around systems and processes to ensure the wider business uses the systems appropriately to allow the business to automate and run effectively
- Process improvement, particularly around systems, processes and governance.
To be considered for this role, we are looking for an individual who likes to take an informal mentoring role with the accounts team, being the superuser of systems, whilst support users across the business. You will have a solid accounting background, with a practical mind as to process flow and the general ledger. You do need to have a working knowledge of payroll as this will form 20% of your role. As the business is growing, we are looking for an individual who wants to keep growing with the business and who is keen to keep learning and developing under a fantastic CFO who is prepared to help grow your career. If you have worked in a project related business previously, this would be a huge advantage.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Megan Alexander in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.