NZD80000 - 90000 / annum
19 June 2019
Finance and accounting
My client is a PEP owned company that is looking to add value to this business which is circa $120M turnover and continuing to grow. The business is dynamic and evolving constantly and certainly needs someone with high energy and adaptability to join the finance team in order to keep supporting the business
The role of Financial Accountant will report to the Finance Manager of the Business and have full responsibility for owning one main business unit function. Your key responsibilities will include:
- To assist in the preparation of month end financial statements including processing month end journals
- Assist the Finance Manager with flash results, monthly reporting and variance analysis with commentary on performance
- Complete all balance sheet reconciliations, of which some are relatively complex
- Complete all tax returns, including GST and FBT returns
- Support the general managers and divisional managers in regards to their financial results and queries
- Handle cash and treasury requests from the business
- Assist with budgets and forecasts
- Produce aged analysis of debtors
- Assist with year end audit queries and ensure relevant compliance reporting is complete
- Review business processes continually looking for opportunities to improve the operational effectiveness of the finance function.
- Contribute to projects as required
To be considered for this role, we are looking for an Accountant who has a strong blend of Financial and Management Accounting experience. You must bring energy & and half glass full mentality to the role as it is your adaptability and flexibility which make you succeed in this role. We are also looking for an individual who is practical, hands on, has a problem solving mentality and someone who enjoys making improvements. This role has the ability to grow and the manager is keen to work with an individual who wants to develop their career with them.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Megan Alexander in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No: 06900-0011039375
151 Queen Street
nz +64 9 915 6700