Location : Mount Wellington
Post Date : 29 August 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Reference : 10033841MA
Job Classification : Finance & Accounting
My client is a large corporate organisation with turnover well in excess of $100M. Operating in the service based industry, this company provides a great service to many of us as individuals. With the business continuing to expand and take market share, this is an excellent business to join with a culture of team and work life balance.
The role is a little bit different to most Accounts clerk roles. You will be a member of a shared service team that supports the nationwide operations of the business. You will be one of two specializing in this area of the business where you are responsible for:
- Exception reporting and ensuring matching of purchase order receipts to invoices
- Assisting users with stock control and maintaining stock counts
- Troubleshooting with systems queries across the country
- Reporting on unreceipted orders for month end purposes
- Monitoring stock catalogues which requires a number of interactions with the business as well as ensuring the database is maintained
- Training and supporting purchasing users across the country
- Account reconciliations
- Assisting with monthly accruals and working with the AP team
- Other projects primarily around purchasing and stock
This role is varied and is a little bit different so you can learn on the job but must come with some prerequisite skills which will include a sound knowledge of stock in the AP or purchasing space, some knowledge of Accounts payable, an interest in the analyzing data and strong reconciliation skills.
You must have an inquisitive mind, enjoy problem solving and enjoy working with teams across the business and around the country. Occasionally you may need to travel to branches throughout the year to help upskill others in the business. This requires you to have strong communication abilities, and an ability to build rapport with people. You will also need to have sound technology skills particularly around excel as you will be using pivots and vlookups as well as being a super user on the ERP system (which you can learn).
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Megan Alexander in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
151 Queen St