Head of Finance
NZD130000 - 150000 / annum
15 July 2019
Finance and accounting
My client has reginal operations managing a wide range of facilities and community sporting programs along with holding two of New Zealand's largest international sporting events each year. Be a part of something bigger than just business, get involved in an organisation that truly gives back.
As the Head of Finance, you will report directly to the CEO and be responsible for the financial wellbeing of the organization.
You will be part of the Senior Leadership team and be responsible for working with the business, partnering the operations and with a strategy focused, involving modelling scenarios, business cases and commercial insight into the operational effectiveness of the business. Your key functional responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of Board reports and attendance at Board meetings
- Managing the Audit process
- Preparation of statutory accounts, in conjunction with KPMG
- Attend the Board meetings & Audit Committee meetings, providing recommendations and in put
- Review of month end accounts, prepared by the assistant accountant
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts
- IT systems & projects.
- Staff management & mentorship
- Modelling and business case preparation, driving operational effectiveness and growth to the business
- Be an active member of the SLT, driving culture and performance
To be considered for this role, we are looking for a CA qualified accountant. You must have strong leadership experience whereby you have previously been responsible for the entire accounting function but have been in a small, hands-on team. You must be commercially strong, have a broad base of experience including being able to demonstrate that you can handle managing finance and operational matters. You will be expected to attend Board and Finance & Audit subcommittee meetings in this role, so experience at this level will be beneficial but not essential.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Ellie Dean in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No: 06900-0011058270
151 Queen Street
nz +64 9 915 6700