Group Financial Controller
NZD170000 - 185000 / annum
29 January 2019
Finance and accounting
My client is a large business that continues to expand its operations & has a very big impact within the FMCG & transport industry. They have operations in NZ, Australia and the States and have continued to acquire companies to further expand their reach.
The role of Group Financial Controller is a Group role based in NZ with some travel required. The role reports to the Group CFO and has the responsibility for one staff member but ultimately provides a huge leadership/ guidance role to the Financial Controllers in the Group - many with businesses in excess of $100m turnover each.
Your key responsibilities will include:
· Set a Group reporting timetable that enables Group Financial Reporting Deadlines are met.
· Responsible for preparation of Group Consolidated Statutory Reports. Lead contact with external auditors and project manager for wider group audit process to ensure group reporting deadlines are met
· Review corporate entity results and balance sheet reconciliations.
· Prepare and report monthly Group bank covenant calculations and attend bank meetings
· Prepare monthly Group consolidation management accounts and assist with the preparation of Board reports.
· Liaise with external tax advisors and senior finance team members to ensure Group tax returns for NZ, Australia and America are prepared and filed in a timely manner
· Prepare year end consolidation templates ensuring all necessary data is collected in a timely manner
· Review the quarterly forecasts/annual budgets for corporate entities. Prepare Group Consolidated Forecasts/Budgets and assist with the preparation of Board presentations
· Project manage group wide accounting projects including setting tasks and timetables and managing team adherences. For projects that may include implementing new software, management of the vendors implementation in conjunction with the Group IT Manager.
· Provide back up for the Group Treasury, together with being a bank signatory.
· Review new new business/divisions set up to ensure processes and controls are in place, investigate transactions to ensure costs are being recovered etc
· Develop with external assistance, group wide accounting policies
· Manage the HFM consolidation system, liaising with external providers to ensure timely and accurate changes are made
· Work with the CFO to streamline the month end reports and processes where possible.
· Any other duties that are reasonably required, as directed by the CFO
· Provide ad hoc reports and analysis to assist the Group CFO as required.
To be considered for this role you must be CA qualified. You must have worked in a complex large business with multinational reach where you have been responsible for the Group function previously. A deep knowledge of consolidations, tax, transfer pricing, Statutory reporting, internal controls and a strong systems bent will be essential for this role.
In addition, you must have a strong relationship building ability as you will need to work with key senior staff across the group. You will enjoy problem solving, planning and organizing and want to be part of a complex group of companies that will continue to challenge you and provide a huge amount of variety to your role.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Megan Alexander in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No:
151 Queen Street
nz +64 9 915 6700