Senior Financial Accountant
NZD100000 - 110000 / annum
15 May 2019
Finance and accounting
My client is a large NZ business that operates in the industrial space. With a well known brand, the business has a great forward order book and continues to dominate in their market space. The business services the whole of NZ. There have been some management changes and now they are looking to get a great 2IC under the Financial
The role of Senior Financial Accountant really is the 2IC in the Financial Control team. You will be responsible for the following:
- Drive month end close & prepare the monthly management reporting
- Prepare variance reporting of variances to budget and forecasts and provide the analytics behind these numbers
- Get involved in the budget process
- Review cash performance and prepare cashflow forecasts
- Ensure all reconciliations and intercompany transactions and processed correctly.
- Complete GST, FBT and other tax returns
- Assist with the preparation of the Annual Stat accounts and associated audit
- Review internal controls and recommend improvements where necessary
- Responsible for fixed assets
- Respond to ad hoc queries with the business
We are looking for a strong Financial Accountant who is CA or equivalent qualified. You will have worked in an industrial or manufacturing type business where you can relate to the business and not be too corporate. Ideally you will have some experience in a mid to larger business where you understand volume of transactions and the importance of processes and controls. You definitely need to be someone that can take ownership, be hands on and be looking to be involved in the business.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Megan Alexander in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No: 06900-0010985713
151 Queen Street
nz +64 9 915 6700