Senior Financial Accountant
$90,000.00 - $110,000.00 / annum
27 May 2019
Finance and accounting
My client is a privately owned fast growing but established business that continues to go from strength to strength. With the owner at the helm, this business employs people who are passionate and love to take ownership of their role. The business is very down to earth and real, where those enjoy a culture of striving for excellence whilst remaining non-corporate. This business has seen tremendous growth and continues to win contracts meaning the finance team needs another head to support the business effectively.
The role of Financial Accountant will report directly to the Financial Controller who is dynamic and can provide a great mentoring ability to this individual. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage the month end accounting process to ensure all ledgers are accurate
- Responsible for the monthly close process, particularly providing an oversight of the AP and AR processes and impact on the GL
- Manage banking transactions and assisting with cashflow forecasting, including authorization of payment runs
- Payroll - full responsibility for approximately 55 staff, both wages and salary
- GST, FBT and PAYE
- Maintain the Fixed Asset register
- Provide support to the business around systems and processes to ensure the wider business uses the systems appropriately to allow the business to automate and run effectively
- Process improvement, particularly around systems, processes and governance.
- Staff management of three, including Accounts payable, accounts receivable and a clerk
This role will suit someone that is looking for a step up from a Financial Accountant role into a leadership role. The business is prepared to hire someone who hasn't had the staff management previously but who can demonstrate the ability to take this on. Or alternatively, my client would look at someone who is even taking their first step out of a CA environment, be it Audit or BAS but who demonstrate a get up and go attitude and an ability to learn, quickly, be proactive, practical and show loads of initiative.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Megan Alexander in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No: 06900-0010986062
151 Queen Street
nz +64 9 915 6700