Chief Financial Officer
NZD180000 - 220000 / annum
20 March 2019
Finance and accounting
Overland Footwear Group is a proud family company which began in 1948 and has continued to go from strength to strength with over 500 staff, 60 retail stores across Australia and NZ, and a manufacturing factory in China. Their brands encompass Merchant 1948, Overland, Mi Paci and Deuce. The business has on numerous occasions won multiple awards for Best NZ workplace and was the winner of the medium-large category of the employee experience awards in NZ in 2018.
The culture is one where the owners are truly passionate about what they do but also how they conduct business. They have a set of values that has built a culture of engagement which really connects the people and their purpose. Shane, the owner is inspiring and entrepreneurial but has built a team where collaboration and inclusiveness are key values, alongside being innovative, striving for excellence, be proactive whilst acting with integrity and treating all with respect. As an organisation they are also extremely proud of their charitable work so to join this company, you definitely will need to align with these values.
The role of CFO is a key member of the SLT and will report directly to the MD. Your responsibility will be to provide the financial and fiscal management of the company alongside providing leadership and strategic input to the wider business. You key responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of company strategy as a key member of the SLT
- Drive financial improvement throughout the organisation
- Safeguard shareholder assets through appropriate internal controls and manage any financial risks
- Evaluate financial aspects of capital projects, marketing / sales campaigns and other activities as required
- Work with the China Factory Finance manager to ensure strong financial controls and robust financial reporting
- Work with the China GM and SLT to drive profitability, minimise risk and ensure compliance
- Lead company growth projects and initiate ad hoc projects as agreed with the MD to drive company performance
- Ensure all statutory, legal and regulatory responsibilities are met, including completion of annual IFRS financial statements, all direct and indirect tax compliance and the annual audit process
- Liaise with external tax advisors on any complex matters as required, including tax planning and structures
- Ownership of the budgeting and forecasting process, including deep-dive analysis required to provide insights for decision making
- Deliver meaningful information to the MD, Board and bank in agreed timelines.
- Provide leadership and development of the Finance and IT team
- Manage cashflow, funding facilities, including reporting on bank covenants and Forex risks and opportunities
- Act as a key liaison with the bank to ensure good relationships
- Ensure effective stock management to maximise profitability and ensure appropriate controls and adhered to.
- Provide a leadership role to the business, through effective communication and demonstrating a willingness to live, breathe and contribute to the values of this organisation.
- Work collaboratively across the business to ensure maximum engagement and input
- Seek learning and development opportunities for not only yourself but all those around you.
To be considered for this role, we are looking for a CFO who is hungry, humble but at the same time has a high emotional intelligence capability. It's a given that you are technically strong but you must be able to demonstrate your strong commercial acumen and ability to add value to this organisation. What will stand you apart is your cultural alignment to this business. Strong leadership and communication skills is paramount. You will be someone that can show vulnerability, be open in your communication style but at the same time enjoy surrounding yourself with strong minded, strong willed people who strive for excellence and are prepared to challenge in a safe environment to push the boundaries and maximise the potential
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Megan Alexander in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No: 06900-0010901018
151 Queen Street
nz +64 9 915 6700