My client is a true NZ success story. With a meteoric rise with double digit growth and no sign of slowing, this company is looking to add this role to the organization. The sector is niche but fundamentally is an IT organization. The head office is based on the North shore of Auckland, with the core finance team based here from both a Group level perspective and for this role, the Finance Manager of Aus and NZ.
The role of Finance Manager reports to the Australasian Financial Controller. You will have responsibility for 3 staff, including an Accountant, Assistant Accountant and Accounts payable clerk. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the day to day Finance & Accounting functions.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of direct and indirect Taxes, including but not limited to Income Tax, PAYE/PAYG, State taxes, NRWT, and GST.
- Ownership of the accounting software and ERP systems including leading any implementation and be an administrator.
- Streamline accounting and finance processes - ensure policies are documented, up to date and processes are followed and adhered to including maintaining a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Complete cash flow projection processes and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs of the Company.
- Provide financial and analytical modelling support to the management team as required from time to time to enhance business decisions.
- Develop and implement improvements in analytical tools and reporting
- Business Partnership: Support all business functions in gaining financial understanding of their operations to drive the right decision making (e.g. Sales & Account Management, IT, Operations); financial and operational integration of acquisitions into the Group
- Financial Reporting: Routine reporting of financial performance and KPIs for management - metrics and commentary
- Maintain internal controls and high corporate governance standards for accounting integrity
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of monthly reporting
- Review and analyze monthly financial statements for reporting obligations
- Undertake variance analysis across departments, be able to articulate drivers of variances and identify issues to management and recommend corrective action
- Manage the year-end process, including support for the audit and preparation of Financial Statements for the ANZ Group
- Complete and / or check payroll weekly and fortnightly for Australia and NZ staff
- Continually improve the timeliness and accuracy of the Company's cash flow and management of the billing and collections process and month end, quarterly and year end closings.
- Undertake routine and ad hoc analysis of commercial and operational performance to derive genuine insight; assess return on investment to support recommendations on capital expenditure and software development
- Strategic Initiatives/Performance Improvement: Finance support in identification and implementation of operating initiatives to improve business performance (including tracking & reporting); strategic projects that create value for the Group (innovation, special finance projects, M&A and integration support)
- Other ad hoc finance & administration tasks to ensure the effective workings of the Australasian finance team.
To be considered for this role, we are looking for a CA or equivalent qualified Accountant who has already had the responsibility for managing a finance team. You will be hands on in your day to day work and enjoy taking on the core financial accounting function, supporting a very busy Financial Controller. We are looking for a proactive individual who wants to grow with this company and someone that can demonstrate a level of stability in their previous work experience.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No: 06900-0011112211MA