Location : Parnell
Post Date : 11 January 2018
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Reference : 069000010251225
Job Classification : Finance & Accounting
My client is a NZ charity that operates in the Arts space and is looking for a company Accountant to join the team to take ownership of the finance function. The organization has been operating for many years now and operates right across the country.
The role of company Accountant will report directly to the General Manager and be responsible for the entire finance function. You will have a part time assistant accountant resource responsible for the day to day accounting preparation and therefore allowing this role to be both hands on but also covering the senior work. Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of monthly financial and management accounts for Board reporting purposes
- Preparation of year end statutory accounts the associated audit.
- Ensure all tax compliance and other statutory reporting requirements are met
- Preparation and management of cashflow and funding facilities.
- Maintenance of the general ledger and oversee the AP, AR and payroll functions
- Budgets and forecasts
- Ensure all financial records are maintained and appropriate reporting for major funders are met
- Oversee all policies and procedures in regards to internal controls and legislative requirements
- Provide analysis on projects and financial trends
- Manage the companies ERP systems and their insurances
- Staff management of one
- Other ad hoc requirements.
To be considered for this role we are looking for an individual who has a strong financial and management accounting background combined with the ability to take full ownership of the finance function of an SME type business. It is preferable you have this proven skill set in prior organisations.
You will need to fit well with this industry so someone that wants to work for a charity or has an appreciation for the creative/Arts space will find this an interesting place to work. An ability to work with a wide range of people and your interpersonal skills will be required as you will need to work in a team environment and have an adaptable / flexible approach.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact <Megan Alexander > in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No: 06900-0010251225
151 Queen St