NZ$80,000.00 - NZ$85,000.00 / annum
11 August 2019
Finance and accounting
This Kiwi company has been around for over 70 years and is a well-known distributor in the hospitality industry. They have parking available and nice large office space with brand new showrooms on site too. The team culture is diverse and supportive but with a good work ethic which is seen throughout the organisation. With a recent acquisition, the business is set to go a new level with further investment underway.
The role of Commercial Business analyst reports to the Financial Controller and is being brought on due to the growth. The Financial Controller needs another set of hands to support her and to pass this work down to given the demands of the business. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Analysis of the KPI's identifying trends and making recommendations to continue to improve business performance, such as sales, customers & product profitability
- Develop financial models and provide financial forecasts
- Assist the annual budgeting process
- Prepare management reports specifically around performance and business partner with the non-financial managers
- Analyse pricing and margin performance, in conjunction with the Financial Controller
- Become the super-user of the ERP as this company embarks on an implementation of a new ERP in line with the wider Group.
- Take an active lead in the implementation project
- Work collaboratively with the core financial accounting team.
- Other ad hoc analysis
To be considered for this role, you must have a bachelors degree in accounting as a minimum. You may be qualified, working towards or have completed a degree in accounting. What is essential is you eagerness to learn, your ability to take ownership and be proactive and your lateral thinking. You must have worked in an industry with stock, as the core analytics will revolve around accounting for stock. Additionally, you must have strong excel skills and a general interest in analytics and systems. This role is hands on and does require someone that wants to roll up their sleeves, take work from the Financial Controller and make this role their own.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Megan Alexander in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No: 06900-0011112417
151 Queen Street
nz +64 9 915 6700