NZ$90,000.00 - NZ$100,000.00 / annum
19 June 2019
Finance and accounting
My client is a 100% NZ owned business with an export focus which is experiencing significant rates of growth many can only dream of. Very much under the radar, the business has grown to circa $100M turnover in a matter of years and has aspirations to continue to do some amazing things.
The role of Financial Accountant is newly created and will directly to the CFO. The role is simply a requirement due to the sheer growth of the business and the need to ensure the finance function is keeping up with the business. The key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of monthly financial statements, including complete reconciliations
- Tax compliance including GST, PAYE, and income tax (with the support of consulting advice)
- Assist with the CFO with budgeting and forecasting
- Provide variance analysis to budgets and commentary
- Assist with group consolidation (which can be learned)
- Work with the CFO to implement processes and internal controls
- Maintain the systems and GL integrity
- Provide support to the business, explaining financial information to non-finance people and ensuring the financial stewardship of the business
The CFO has been working hands on in this role to produce audited financial statements, however in many ways this role is well suited to someone that can bring their strong financial / management accounting knowledge to the business and drive improvements to the finance function given its currently an experienced team (excluding the CFO).
To be considered for this role, it is imperative you can speak fluent mandarin to enable you to partner the operations. You will need to be able demonstrate a strong financial / management accounting background and be willing to role up the sleeves but also bring ideas forward and be open to change. You need to be patient but be able to hold strong views on how a finance function can support a fast growing business that needs your help.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Megan Alexander in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No: 06900-0011039376
151 Queen Street
nz +64 9 915 6700