NZD90000 - 110000 / annum
27 March 2019
Finance and accounting
My client is the NZ subsidiary of a large US multinational with global operations. The business is well established and has a strong presence within its sector in NZ. The manufacturing plant and head office is centrally based in Auckland.
The management accountant will report directly to the Controller and has a focus on the following areas:
- Preparation of monthly management reports, including review and analysis of cost variance reports
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Maintain standard costing processes and ensure effective cost control of the manufacturing plant
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure efficient running of the plant from a financial standpoint
- Monitor ongoing stores cycle counts and ensure efficient stock control and fixed asset accounting, including management of raw material stock levels.
- Ad hoc analysis as required
- Assisting in the analysis of NPV, payback and ROI on investment calculations, to determine economic feasibility around capital projects
- Provide financial support for lean six sigma projects
- Ensure accurate reflection of payroll and AP costs - working with the offshored finance function to ensure financial control of the operating plant
- Work with key stakeholders on projects and cost reduction initiatives.
- Other ad hoc work in relation to accounting for the plant
To be considered for this role, we are looking for an individual with a strong manufacturing and costing background who can also business partner to provide insights and information to management / key stakeholders for effective decision making. You will need to have advanced excel skills. You will enjoy getting out in the business and making a difference, coming up with recommendations to improve the performance of the operating plant.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Megan Alexander in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No: 06900-0010914437
151 Queen Street
nz +64 9 915 6700