$59000 - 60000 / annum
12 February 2018
Finance and accounting
My client is a large Australasian entity with substantial operations based in NZ. There are a number of divisions within this entity. This role sits within a $80M turnover division. The company has a great team culture and has a fantastic office environment with full parking on site.
The role of Assistant Accountant will report directly to the Finance Manager of this business unit which is part of a larger corporate business.
The role of Assistant Accountant sits within the BU and therefore has a management accounting focus. You will have responsibility for:
- Assist the commercial FM with support on cost analysis and interpretation of financial results that signify operational financial performance
- Preparation of accurate financial and management weekly, monthly & adhoc reports for decision making
- Labour cost analysis
- Utilisation calculations
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Variance analysis
- Preparation of Monthly & weekly profit & loss statemetns
- Assist with the completion of the Group reporting requirements including budgets
- Maintain strong internal controls
- Assist with the preparation, review and analysis of capex requirements
To be considered for this role, we are looking for someone who is hungry to learn and develop. You will need to have had some experience as either a graduate accountant where you have been exposed to general ledger accounting or alternatively you may not be studying but had some solid work experience similar to the above. This company is happy to nurture someone and help grow their career. With their size and large finance team this is an opportunity to get into a well known company and forge your career. The type of person that will succeed in this role is someone with a can do attitude, someone willing to go the extra mile and someone who is prepared to work with people with great follow through.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact <Megan Alexander > in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No: 06900-0010303019