NZD75000 - 85000 / annum
8 March 2019
Finance and accounting
My client is a group of privately owned entrepreneurial business owners who have recently purchased a second business and are seeing considerable growth from their existing operations.
With the acquisition of this business, the Group is looking for a Company Accountant to join the team who will report to the Finance Manager who sits across both businesses. There is a small team of 10 staff in this business and you will be an integral part of the business, taking full ownership of the Accounting function to preparation of draft financial statements for review.
The role of Company Accountant will take full responsibility for:
- Preparation of draft financial statements, including P&L and balance sheet
- Preparation of statutory requirements including GST and FBT
- Reconciliations of general ledger accounts
- Stock-takes and all accounting for stock
- Maintaining purchasing & shipping documentation
- Accounts payable processing to payment and supplier reconciliation
- Accounts receivable and credit control
- Processing of weekly salaries for 10 people
- Other ad hoc accounting duties as required.
The business will look to streamline this business over time and will be looking to change accounting systems in line with the Group in the future. You will be able to get involved in this implementation.
Additionally, you can provide support to the General Manager and the Finance Manager. This organisation is flat structured and requires practical, hands on and can do people.
To be considered for this role, we are looking for a candidate who is competent at the company accountant level, having taken accounts to trial balance stage. You do need to be hands on and practical. Your excel skills need to be strong - you will be required to do pivot tables, vlookups and manipulate data. Additionally you will have experience in a business accounting for stock.
What is incredibly important is a fantastic attitude where everyone pitches in and gets involved in the business.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Megan Alexander in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No: 06900-0010885046
151 Queen Street
nz +64 9 915 6700