NZD45 - 55 / hour
16 May 2019
Based in South Auckland, this multinational retail and distribution company services clients all throughout New Zealand. They are operating in a wide variety of industries such as mining, defence and marine. They are looking for a Financial Accountant to help with their month end process as well as making sure their distribution team is reaching their financial targets.
As the Financial Accountant, you will be reporting directly to the Financial Controller. You will be responsible for completing the month end process as well as compiling reports in accordance to NZ GAAP and NZ IFRS.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of monthly financial information in accordance to NZ GAAP and NZ IFRS;
- Preparation of month journals, balance sheet reconciliations, P&L and annual statutory accounts in a timely manner;
- Handle and resolve month end reporting issues raised by Financial Controller and HQ;
- Complete reporting to HQ and translation of results;
- Maintains inventory listing and calculates monthly obsolescence provision in accordance to the group's impairment policy;
- Management of ad-hoc requests from HQ for financial information;
- Provide high quality financial analysis and advice that supports robust decision making
To be suitable for this role you should be a hands-on Financial Accountant and display the following attributes:
- Having a background in the services/commercial industry
- Ability to take full charge of the month end close process
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Being able to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to-self manage yourself and strong time management skills.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Samir Sheth or Ellie Dean in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No: 06900-0010990492
151 Queen Street
nz +64 9 915 6700