Accounts Payable Salary Guide
Are you a hiring manager or changing jobs? Download the Robert Half Salary Guide and view salary benchmarking data for Accounts Payable and Finance and accounting trends.
The role of the Accounts Payable involves providing financial, administrative and clerical support to the organisation. Their role is to complete payments and control expenses by receiving payments, plus processing, verifying and reconciling invoices. A typical Accounts Payable job description also highlights the day-to-day management of all payment cycle activities in a timely and efficient manner.
Accounts Payable duties and responsibilities of the job
As a vital team member of the finance team, it’s important that an Accounts Payable job description includes:
- Keeping track of all payments and expenditures, including payroll, purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc.
- Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Maintaining historical records
- Paying employees by verifying expense reports and preparing pay checks
- Paying vendors by scheduling pay checks and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit; generally responding to all vendor enquiries regarding finance
- Preparing analyses of accounts and producing monthly reports
- Continuing to improve the payment process
Accounts Payable job qualifications and requirements
Whilst a degree isn’t mandatory for an Accounts Payable role, an understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting skills is required. A degree in the following subjects would be beneficial for an Accounts Payable career:
- Finance or Economics
- Business Studies
Attention to detail and data entry skills are important requirements for an Accounts Payable job description. Employees will be interacting with employers and vendors on a daily basis, so it is imperative they are able to interact on a professional manner at all times.
Are you looking for an Accounts Payable role? View our latest Accounts Payable jobs here.
NZD52000 - 57000 / annum
20 May 2019
NZD58000 - 60000 / annum
17 May 2019
NZD60000 - 65000 / annum
15 May 2019
NZD55000 - 60000 / annum
16 May 2019
NZD24 - 28 / hour
14 April 2019
NZD55000 - 65000 / annum
24 March 2019
NZD50000 - 60000 / annum
14 May 2019
NZD26 - 28 / hour
14 May 2019
NZD115000 - 130000 / annum
21 May 2019