Finance Manager Salary Guide
Are you a hiring manager or changing jobs? Download the Robert Half Salary Guide and view salary benchmarking data for Finance Manager and Finance and accounting trends.
A Finance Manager distributes the financial resources of a company, is responsible for the budget planning, and supports the executive management team by offering insights and financial advice that will allow them to make the best business decisions for the company.
Finance Manager duties and responsibilities of the job
As a crucial member of the finance team, a typical Finance Manager job description should include, but not be limited to:
- Collecting, interpreting and reviewing financial information
- Predicting future financial trends
- Reporting to management and stakeholders, and providing advice how the company and future business decisions might be impacted
- Producing financial reports related to budgets, account payables, account receivables, expenses etc.
- Developing long-term business plans based on these reports
- Reviewing, monitoring and managing budgets
- Developing strategies that work to minimise financial risk
- Analysing market trends and competitors
Finance Manager job qualifications and requirements
A degree and several years’ experience in the financial field will be required to gain a Finance Manager role. A degree in the following fields will prove particularly advantageous:
- Accountancy or Finance
- Business Studies
Postgraduate degrees in financial management would also be beneficial for candidates looking to advance their career.
As well as formal qualifications, a Finance Manager job description should detail the following qualities:
- An analytical mind
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships
- Commercial and business awareness
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
- Ability to stick to time constraints
Are you looking for a Finance Manager role? View our latest Finance Manager jobs here.
Looking for an Finance Manager job or Finance and accounting specific salary information? Head over to our Finance Manager Salary Guide for insights and trends.
NZD115000 - 130000 / annum
21 May 2019
NZD100000 - 110000 / annum
30 April 2019
NZD60 - 70 / hour
23 April 2019
NZD135000 - 150000 / annum
25 March 2019
NZD52000 - 57000 / annum
20 May 2019
NZD115000 - 125000 / annum
17 May 2019
NZD50000 - 55000 / annum
26 April 2019
NZD140000 - 150000 / annum
1 May 2019
NZD110000 - 125000 / annum
26 April 2019