The Robert Half Salary Guide provides you with unique insights into the latest average finance & accounting salaries, including anticipated year on year increases.
Are you a job seeker? Use the guide to measure your salary expectations against other finance & accounting professionals - perhaps it's time to ask for a pay rise or search for a new job.
Are you a hiring manager? Use this valuable resource to determine salary levels for new employees and stay up-to-date with emerging trends in today's recruitment market.
To request a print copy, contact your local branch or specialist recruitment consultant.
- Demand for qualified finance professionals continues to grow, with 88% of New Zealand CFOs saying it's challenging to find skilled financial staff.
- 42% of New Zealand CFOs plan to further strengthen and expand their financial and accounting teams this year, and 46% will fill vacated positions.
- Achieving the right mix of skills is not always without challenges - the majority of finance leaders across New Zealand are finding it difficult to find qualified candidates.
- New Zealand businesses are raising the bar for their finance and accounting teams, looking for professionals with specific expertise, a proven track record, and outstanding business acumen.
- In today's competitive hiring environment, companies need to be wary of imposing too many requirements on the 'ideal' candidate - this creates the risk of missing out on an applicant who may be well-suited to the role on offer.
- Across New Zealand, businesses need to be prepared for what is shaping up to be a battle to recruit the best finance and accounting talent, especially those with in-demand skills.
- A lack of niche and/or technical expertise is the leading reason why CFOs are struggling to find suitable finance and accounting candidates.
- Soft skills are increasingly regarded as “need-to-have” competencies, with preference being shown for candidates with clear leadership skills who can communicate financial information to stakeholders and colleagues who do not have a finance background.
- The CA and CPA designations remain the 'gold standard' of post-grad qualifications for accounting professionals, giving candidates a clear competitive edge.
- In today's market, interim employees within finance and accounting are adding value across every stage of the business hierarchy.
- Interim professionals can be used for various reasons including covering peak periods of the business calendar, or filling the gap between one employee leaving and finding a permanent replacement.
- Interim finance & accounting professionals are also sought after to provide specific purpose - including managing complex projects and initiatives.
- Experienced interim employees can provide the objective view of an external expert and bring fresh insights to an organisation.
Compare your salary online
Are you getting paid what you're worth?
Prepare for your next performance appraisal or salary negotiation by using the Robert Half Salary Calculator to check and compare your salary against your industry peers.
This handy tool gives you instant access to average salary ranges in your local area for finance and accounting jobs.
CA vs CPA: Which accounting qualification is right for you?
The CA and CPA are fantastic accounting qualifications that can give your career a competitive edge. But how do you choose which one to study? Here's how to position yourself for a prosperous accounting career.
4 ways to help accounting staff stay up-to-date with technology
Technology keeps evolving, which means keeping the team up to date with changes can be difficult for some finance managers. Here are some ways to help your finance employees grow their tech skills.
How to become a sought-after finance & accounting professional
In today’s fast-evolving workplace, accounting and finance professionals must demonstrate everything from razor-sharp analytical ability to a sharp understanding of industry-standard software. Do you possess the skills necessary to succeed?