NZD85000 - 90000 / annum
2 May 2019
Finance and accounting
My client is a subsidiary of a large US listed multinational with operations around the globe. The subsidiary business operates in the IT sector in a niche space in the market and is seeing considerable growth. The NZ business supports Australia and NZ and has approximately 70 staff in modern and newly refurbished offices.
The role of Financial Accountant is broad. You will have financial and management accounting responsibilities including a strong emphasis on being the systems guru from an operational aspect as well. You will report to the Finance Team Leader. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of Monthly Management Accounts, ensuring in accordance with US GAAP and local GAAP and ensuring uploads in HFM to Group are accurate
- Preparation of Annual Statutory Accounts in accordance with NZIFRS
- Maintain monthly workpapers and balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare Quarterly Financial Statement submissions
- Profit & loss Analysis
- Ensure all intercompany accounts are reflected accurately in the management accounts
- Preparation of monthly forecasts and the annual budget
- KPI reporting as required
- Ensuring the accurate revenue recognition principles are adhered to
- Managing the cashflow and any associated analysis
- Develop and support the training of internal users on ERP and other systems
- Provide information to the business using SQL and crystal reporting writing when required
- Other ad hoc duties.
To be considered for this role, we are looking for an individual who is ideally qualified. You will have worked in larger corporate businesses previously as you will need to understand working in a corporate environment, preferably with an international presence and can demonstrate your ability to meet deadlines.
It is imperative that you have strong systems skills, preferably SQL and some knowledge of macros. You need to have intermediate to advanced excel capability and be someone that really enjoys being a super user of systems for the team.
Additionally, we are looking for someone who is down to earth, wants a role where they can grow with the business for a number of years and be an integral member of the team. You must have strong communication skills to be considered.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Megan Alexander in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No: 06900-0010968691
151 Queen Street
nz +64 9 915 6700