$70000 - 90000 / annum
29 August 2018
Finance and accounting
My client is a family owned business that has been operating for 30+ years and has been growing fast in recent times. Operating in an industrial industry, the company can be described as down to earth, practical and real.
The role of Accountant will report directly to the Finance & Admin Manager. The role is newly created due to the growth of the business. The role is very varied and responsible for:
- Assist in the preparation of month end results
- Provide support the clerical team with coding of data and ensuring the integrity of the data is complete and accurate
- Facilitate internal audit activities
- Manage the fixed assets and capex project funds
- Maintain the integrity of systems and processes to ensure data integrity
- Implement systems/process improvements
- Tax compliance
- Manage procurement activities
- Facilitate reporting on compliance and legislation
- Other ad hoc tasks
This is a role that is unique. You will be a generalist who likes getting involved in everything finance but happy to muck in with the team who all help each other out. You must have a thorough understanding of good old debits and credits and know how to put a set of accounts together through to trial balance stage. As the team is flat structured it is imperative that you can muck in, work with the admin team, be hands on, get involved and be happy helping out to meet deadlines and get things done. You don't need to be qualified but you do have to have worked in a broad based finance role, preferably having worked your way up within a company. You will be practical, a problem solver, have strong communication skills and have demonstrated a stable working history.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Megan Alexander in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No: 06900-0010604454