Location : Auckland
Post Date : 05 July 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Reference : 9340583MA
Job Classification : Finance & Accounting
My client is a successful NZ company with offshore entities. Headquartered in NZ, this company has operations around the globe in its market space. Working in the fast paced technology & manufacturing space, this company is innovative and strives for excellence.
The role of Operations Accountant is very much in the management accounting side of the finance team. There is a separate Financial Accounting team so this team will support the manufacturing side of the operation. You will report to a Management and Cost Accountant within a close knit team and be responsible for the following:
- Assist with the monthly management reporting, providing commentary and analysis for management
- Communicate with department managers to explain the financial implications of the results - partnering with non-financial people
- Assist with the budgeting and forecasting process
- Be involved in the stock take and inventory management process
- Be the systems champion for job costing and set up as well as training other users
- Helping through the month end process to ensure each job is costed correctly and costs captured.
To be considered for this role we are looking for someone who has superior business partnering capabilities. This means you must genuinely enjoy translating financial information to non-financial people and helping them to understand the results. You will want to understand how things come together and have an inquisitive mind. Your excel skills will need to be strong, being able to work with models and pivot tables. A logical problem solving mind will be essential to your success in this business
This role will suit someone that is looking to move from an Assistant Accountant type role to more of a business management accounting role. You may be studying and looking to keep moving your career forward. You attitude will be key to your success. As this is a nimble business, you must be someone that can think laterally, roll with the punches and be dynamic in your approach (as no two days will be the same).
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Megan Alexander in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
151 Queen St