Senior Management Accountant
NZD125000 - 140000 / annum
27 March 2019
Finance and accounting
My client is a household name and with locations right throughout the country with the head office on the city fringes. The company has multiple brands you will identify with as household NZ brand names. The business is a NZ company providing a great opportunity to work in a large NZ business.
The role of Management Accountant is relatively unique. You will report to the Financial Controller and have broad management accountant responsibilities, projects, staff management but can also take on some financial accounting aspects as they arise. This role will grow your own career into an FC role in time. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of monthly financial statements, including analysis and commentary
- Prepare gross profit analysis allocating cost of goods sold to specific stock items to enable pure profitability analysis
- Actively manage and prepare annual budgets
- Work closely with the Financial Controller in relation to all aspects in relation to stock given its balance sheet values
- Model ROI on capex expenditure
- Ad hoc modelling on projects and other ad hoc requirements
- Manage the AR and Accounting support teams
- Assist with the statutory accounts preparation and the annual audit process
- Support the Financial Controller on projects and other accounting requirements as they arise
This is not an ordinary Management Accountant role. It is very broad and encompasses mostly strong management accounting experience but an understanding of financial accounting, tax, reporting requirements etc will enable you to take on more and really support this Financial Controller. It is your broad exposure to a wide range of business issues that will stand you apart on this role and enable you to truly make the difference.
We are looking for a CA qualified Accountant. It would be a distinct advantage that you have hailed from a public practice background in the early stages of your career and then progressed into the commercial sector. A level of maturity is definitely required as is your ability to manage complex problems, solve problems, work autonomously and really be able to drive things on your own. It is a requirement that you have strong modelling and excel capability, a good understanding of working in stock related industries and someone that can easily work on an ad hoc basis.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Megan Alexander in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No: 06900-0010914396
151 Queen Street
nz +64 9 915 6700