Finance Business Partner Operations
NZ$115,000.00 - NZ$120,000.00 / annum
15 August 2019
Finance and accounting
My client operates in the engineering and infrastructure sector and dominate in their field. Having operated for over 45 years and with over 750 employees this is a large business with scale throughout NZ. This role of Finance Business partner Operations has come about due to an internal move within the organisation.
The role reports to the Commercial Finance Manager who has a team of four people who commercially support the operations. This role will focus on the manufacturing cycle so having a strong operations background is essential. You will need to be able to drive the month end process and own the full manufacturing P&L from labour analysis, overheads, to inventory variances and materials costs.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of budgets & forecasts for the manufacturing site
- Provide support & guidance to your 2IC on product costing
- Maintain activity rates & update standard costs
- Provide insights & commentaries around the month end performance reporting
- Drive and partner the business through process improvement, focusing on manufacturing operations
- Provide high level review & analysis of variances to standard
- Work with the business on the development of BI reporting (as the business rolls this across the wider business)
- Develop financial acumen with business partners
- Oversee stock takes
- Drive weekly reporting
- Staff leadership & development
To be considered for this role, we are looking for an individual who has demonstrated a strong manufacturing operations accounting background. The business has a great family feel so we are looking for an individual who is down to earth, practical and driven. The priority initially is for someone to learn the business and add value around operations, then you can grow into staff management and business partnering (if not there already). Your excel skills do need to be strong as is your communication skills.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Megan Alexander in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No: 06900-0011122726
151 Queen Street
nz +64 9 915 6700