NZD28 - 34 / hour
14 March 2019
Finance and accounting
This privately owned construction company operates out of modern offices in South Auckland and employs roughly 120 fulltime staff. They are experiencing significant growth and are looking for a strong Assistant Accountant to cover while their assistant accountant is away on maternity leave.
As the Accountant you will be reporting to the Financial Controller and work as part of a wider team of 4 in Finance - They operate as a group comprising of 3 main companies. You will be responsible for:
- Bank Reconciliations for Contractors
- Claims & Retentions Spreadsheet accruals
- Debtor invoicing once claims are certified
- Credit Control
- GL Journal: Payroll, fuel, machine hours, Transport, intercompany recharge & overhead allocation
- Check & process subcontractor certificates & updating the creditor retention spreadsheet
- Account Payable reconciliation while finishing job costing report
- Review Powerlink, job costing report & update the year to date of individual jobs
- Review & complete balance sheet reconciliation
- Produce monthly cashflow, Financial Reports and job costing reports.
- Complete bi-monthly GST return
- Complete quarterly FBT return
- Assist with any adhoc projects
You will have prior experience in a similar role and an ability to multi task in a busy environment.
Most importantly you will have a positive, outgoing attitude and be able to pick up new systems and processes quickly as well as strong Excel skills. This is a maternity leave position so you will be able to commit long term.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Ryan Robson, Anishka Krishna or Ben Greenhaf in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No:
151 Queen Street
Auckland 1010 +64 9 915 6700