NZD140000 - 150000 / annum
15 March 2019
Finance and accounting
My client is a PEP owned company that is looking to add value to this business which is circa $120M turnover and continuing to grow. The business is dynamic as is the CFO of this business unit and needs someone that will enjoy change management whilst being hands on.
The role of Finance Manager is both technical, commercial, strategic & hands on all in one. You will report to the CFO of the business unit and have responsibility for a small finance team supported by a shared services clerical team. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of monthly management reporting in conjunction with your accounting team, providing analysis and insight to management for decision making
- Partner non-financial operational people to drive performance
- Support the GM directly with strong financial stewardship
- Preparation and management of budgets and forecasts (twice yearly)
- Delivery of ad hoc queries, models and business information for the PEP owner to drive value into the business
- Drive process improvement to harmonise business processes/systems across the business
- Bring leadership capability to the team (which is relatively newly formed)
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts and manage the annual audit requirements at year end.
- Act as a 2IC to develop succession planning within the finance team within this business unit.
To be considered for this role you must be CA or equivalent qualified. You will need to be someone that enjoys driving change and bringing rigour and order to a business that has gone through considerable change. Your leadership capability is proven as is your ability to partner both financial & non-financial people.
You must be commercial in your thinking whilst being technically sound, you will have strong excel capability with the ability to model extensively, should there be further acquisitions in the future. Resilience and taking on accountability need to be two of your key attributes. You will definitely need to be able to adapt between being hands on, down amongst the team initially, to being high level and strategic. You do need to bring energy & a can do attitude as this organisation needs someone upbeat, dynamic and someone who wants to make a difference.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Megan Alexander in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No: 06900-0010896479
151 Queen Street
Auckland 1010 +64 9 915 6700