$110000 - 125000 / annum
26 April 2019
Finance and accounting
My client is a large business that continues to expand its operations & has a very big impact within the FMCG & transport industry. They have operations in NZ, Australia and the States and have continued to acquire companies to further expand their reach. The role of Finance Manager has arisen due to an internal move within the company and this role will focus on the NZ operations which circa $200M turnover.
The role of Finance Manager will report to the NZ Financial Controller and be responsible for managing the core NZ finance team. You will have responsibility for 3 direct staff and 2 indirect staff as well as the following:
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly P&L, Balance sheet and cashflow reporting deadlines
- Provide analysis and commentary on results
- Preparation and assistance with the management of the interim and annual audit process for the NZ company and susbidiaries.
- Review balance sheet reconciliations
- Establish and maintain effective financial accounting policies and procedures and ensure strong internal controls are in place
- Produce fortnightly labour productivity reports
- Complete weekly flash reporting
- Overview the AP, AR, credit control and banking processes
- Manage tax compliance around GST and FBT
- Manage the fixed asset register process
- Assist the Financial Controller with budgets and forecasts
- Assist with effective treasury management
- Other ad hoc reporting as required; such as statistics and insurance reporting
To be considered for this role, we are looking for a CA qualified Accountant who has had staff management experience previously and is looking for a step up in their career. You may not tick all the boxes but my client is looking for someone looking to grow and develop their career with this business under an experienced Financial Controller.
You must have strong excel capability, strong attention to detail and be someone that has done business partnering or is wishing to build out this capability. The team is very collobarative so we are looking for an individual who is a strong culture fit with the team; someone that can be hands on but also looking to add value in the big picture. You will need to have worked in an environment with some complexity, preferably in a larger business.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Megan Alexander in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No: 06900-0010955979
151 Queen Street
nz +64 9 915 6700