NZ$120,000.00 - NZ$125,000.00 / annum
26 June 2019
Finance and accounting
My client is a multinational company with a significant NZ operation. Having been in business for a substantial period of time, this is a well established profitable business that continues to have a dominant position in the market. The role has arisen due to an internal promotion within the team.
The role of Finance Manager reports to the GM of Finance but will have a significant component of partnering the General Manager of the Business unit. Your key responsibilities will include:
The primary objective of this Finance manager role is to support the needs of the business in the preparation of strong financial reporting but most importantly being able to partner the users of this information to enable effective decision making. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of weekly and monthly financial reports with branch managers and GM and provide business insights & commentary for management on key drivers
- Lead the preparation of the annual budget and ongoing forecasting
- Analysis of results and presentations to appropriate personnel.
- Partnering a number of profit centre managers and the GM on a regular basis to enhance financial understanding.
- Prepare capex proposals and review with management
- Maintain the integrity of the GL
- Some tax compliance
- Liaise with external and internal auditors
- Staff management of an Assistant Accountant
- Other ad hoc projects as required.
Some travel will be required to enable you to be at the face of the business and get amongst the operations people to really facilitate value add ability. You may be looking for your first staff management gig.
To be considered for this role, we are looking for an individual who is proactive and analytical in their thinking. You must be an independent thinker and really like to understand the key drivers of the business. It will then be your ability to partner the non-financial stakeholders; so your ability to relate to a number of different stakeholders, be adaptable to each of their needs and your ability to have strong communication capability is paramount. As this is a down to earth business with "salt of the earth" types, you too will need to have the ability to build rapport and trust with these people. You must have an element of thick skin, be able to roll with the punches and have the strength to get your messaging across. Ideally you will be CA or working towards it.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Megan Alexander in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No: 06900-0011045343
151 Queen Street
nz +64 9 915 6700