Location : Onehunga
Post Date : 13 July 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Reference : 9323076MAA
Job Classification : Finance & Accounting
My client is the NZ entity of a Multinational business listed in the UK. With a strong manufacturing bent, the company is expanding its operations and needs an experienced Financial Controller who will lead the finance function here in NZ.
The role of Financial Controller will report to the MD directly. He is looking for a right hand pair of hands that are experienced operating at this level. You will have the responsibility for a finance team of about 5 which includes at least 2 qualified accountants. This role is all encompassing where you will be responsible for the financial stewardship of this business. This will include the core of
- Preparing annual statutory accounts
- Managing the budgeting & strategic planning process
- Managing internal & external audits
- Tax compliance
- Ensure reporting requirements are met from a global reporting basis
- Managing the finance teams
- Providing the commercial support around the manufacturing operations locally. It is imperative you understand the costing process, and the intricacies that go with the accounting in a manufacturing environment.
- Support ongoing management of IT services
You will be a key member of the SLT, and will increasingly play an integral part in providing the financial and commercial input to key decision making.
To be considered for this role, you must be CA qualified and you must be able to demonstrate a strong background in manufacturing accounting. You must be able to entertain travel offshore from time to time and really be looking for a role where you can contribute to the growth of the business. Strong leadership capability and experience building cohesive teams is essential.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Megan Alexander in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
151 Queen St