$85000 - 105000 / annum
29 November 2017
Finance and accounting
My client is a large privately held business with a proud history. The business has gone through some ownership changes and is now in a great position to consolidate its position. The business transacts across Australia and NZ and is now looking to continue its growth through efficient maximization of its core strengths.
The role of Financial Accountant will report to a Finance Manager but really is part of a relatively flat finance structure. The team is a coherent, close knit team who really look to add value as a finance function and operate as efficiently as possible using technology well, all being driven by a tech savvy GM of Finance.
As Financial Accountant you will be a key member of the team responsible for amongst other things:
- Ensuring timely and accurate preparation of month end financial reporting
- Assist in the preparation of annual financial statements, including full working papers and schedules for audit purposes
- Tax compliance across both Australia and NZ operations, including provisional tax estimates, GST, WHT and FBT
- Provide monthly commentaries on performance
- Review capital and fixed asset expenditure to ensure correct accounting treatment and in line with capitalization policy
- Overview of balance sheet reconcililations
- Review payment runs and approve salary & wage payments
- Assist in the development of internal controls and procedures
- Other ad hoc projects
To be considered for this role, we are looking for a CA or equivalent qualified accountant who has prepared financial statements and has ideally experience in multi-currency accounting practices. You will have strong data analysis capability and have the ability to question, reason and enquire. It is your analytical mind, ability to think logically and question as appropriate that will really enable the right person in this role to add value, which is what the GM of Finance is ultimately looking for.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Megan Alexander in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.