The Robert Half Salary Guide will provide you with unique insights into the latest average salaries across a number of sectors, anticipated year on year increases as well as what to expect in New Zealand's current hiring environment.
Are you a job seeker? Use the guide to measure your salary expectations compared to your industry peers - perhaps it's time to ask for a pay rise or search for a new job.
Are you a hiring manager? Use this valuable resource to determine salary levels for new employees, negotiate salary increases for top performers, and stay up-to-date with emerging trends in today's recruitment market.
Looking for technology salaries? Download the current IT salaries here
To request a print copy, contact your local branch or specialist recruitment consultant.
Employment & salary outlook for the year ahead:
- Business leaders across New Zealand are optimistic about the year ahead due to positive economic factors including low interest rates and recovery in export prices.
- Consumer confidence is creating a more supportive business environment, and with this comes the need for talent with specialised skills.
- When those skills aren’t readily available, organisations are turning to interim employees, across all levels of seniority.
- The emerging trend of combining both permanent and interim employees will continue to gain traction for the remainder of the year and beyond.
Trends dominating the hiring landscape
- Emerging skills shortages: 20% of New Zealand CFOs cite ‘skills shortages’ as a leading concern.
- Staff retention: As more jobs are created, increasing employment opportunities could underpin a rise in voluntary staff turnover.
- Salary: Financial rewards are still highly effective when it comes to attracting talent and keeping high calibre employees engaged, motivated and on board.
- The exit of the baby boomer generation: Businesses need to take on a multi-faceted approach to prepare for the potential skills gap left.
Finance & Accounting salaries
Demand for qualified finance & accounting professionals continues to grow. Business expansion as well as the ongoing digitisation of financial information are all underpinning the need to build a strong finance and accounting team.
Compare your salary online
Are you getting paid what you're worth?
Prepare for your next performance appraisal or salary negotiation by using the Robert Half Salary Calculator to check and compare your salary against your industry peers.
This handy tool gives you instant access to average salary ranges in your local area for finance and accounting jobs.
How to answer 'what was your most recent salary?'
Negotiating salary with a potential new employer? Take a look at our tips on how to manage those tricky interview questions about your most recent salary and get the edge in the salary negotiation process.
Why paying a competitive salary is important
Offering a competitive salary package is the number one factor that can help you attract and retain the best people. Here's how a smart salary policy can help your business grow.
When should you discuss salary in an interview?
For many of us, being compensated fairly for our skills and experience impacts job satisfaction. Here are three factors to consider before raising the topic of salary during the interview process.